Cocktail Name: Mulled Wine cocktail
Prep time: 8 mins
Cook time: 2 mins
Total time: 10 mins
- 100g/4oz light muscovado sugar
- 1 star anise
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 150ml water
- 1 lemon
- 2 clementines
- 150ml Cointreau
- 750ml bottle light red wine, such as Beaujolais
Tools: large jug, stirrer
Glass: cocktail glass
Garnish: Twist of orange zest and a star anise, to serve
- Put 100g light muscovado sugar in a pan with 1 star anise, 1 cinnamon stick, 4 cloves and 150ml water. Bring slowly to the boil, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Simmer for 2 mins, then pour into a large jug and leave to cool. Add 1 lemon and 2 clementines, both thinly sliced, to the jug along with 150ml Cointreau and a 750ml bottle light red wine, such as a Beaujolais. Stir well, then cover and chill for at least 2 hrs or overnight if you can.
- Serve chilled or over ice, with a twist of orange zest and a star anise. If you’d like to serve a traditional warm mulled wine, there’s no need to chill – simply warm through without boiling and serve in heatproof glasses.
credits to bbcgoodfood